James Alexander Limewash Wall Paint - 2023 Color Collection
Achieve our authentic mineral lime-paint finish with subtle visual movement, gorgeous colors, and soft texture effects which naturally occur during the brushed application.
This premium non-sheen architectural paint can be applied to drywall and masonry surfaces and creates an exceptional, matte finish. The 2023 collection consists of 36 exclusive colors.
Our pure mineral formulation stays true to the tradition of European lime-washes. For best results, drywall and previously painted surfaces should be prepared with Lime-Prep Primer before application of this paint.
Appropriate for traditional masonry limewash applications, the finish can be distressed after application on both interior and exterior walls.
- Free Standard Shipping: We ship to the 48 contiguous US states.
- Coverage: 300 square feet average coverage per gallon with two coats (75 square feet of coverage average per-quart container). Our lime paint is a ready-to-use thin viscosity and spreads easily and quickly with a lime paintbrush.
- Fresh and healthy: Lime Paint is a 0 VOC natural mineral finish. A healthier alternative to common paints. Virtually no odor.
- Easy to use: James Alexander Limewash paint is a pleasure to paint with and very forgiving. Easy-to-follow instructions are included. Simple cleanup with soap and water.
- Versatility: Can be diluted with water for a more transparent limewash finish. Seal with James Alexander Limewash sealers for extra durability.
- Best way to sample: Quart size for small projects or to color sample in situ. Also, hand-painted sample cards are available for purchase.
More about James Alexander Limewash Paints
Lime mineral paint is known for its almost unearthly luminescent quality that is achieved while maintaining a nearly dead-flat sheen. It is the calcite crystals that form in the curing limewash that refract light and produce a beautiful visual glow. Want to learn more about this mineral paint? Please see our FAQ Page.
Add beautiful color, depth, and dimension to your walls with this ready-to-use paint.
Coverage rates of approximately 300 sq. feet per gallon vary based on surface porosity and the number of coats required to produce the desired effect. Please remember that digitally displayed colors vary by screen and brightness settings and are representative only.
In my experience lime paints from varying companies have different qualities and attributes and of course your needs will determine what you like. With that said the James Alexander Limewash Wall Paint has been amazing from start to finish. The product was delivered in a timely manner, packed and presented exceptionally well and is highly pigmented. The paint is thin and is easy to apply and has GREAT coverage. As with all lime paints there is no ONE correct application but some practice is recommended before applying. The finished wall has a very deep and rich look. My only criticism is, and this is not a fault of the company, but printed pictures versus that flat dry mat of the paint my not be exactly the same. Test first. Overall though...5 star.
I don't know how else to describe it other than transformative. It just takes a plain ordinary (although nice) color and gives it this texture and depth and just another level of character.
Follow the directions and watched tutorials, also have an art degree, comes out looking like a bad paint job. And rubs off easily. Do not recommend.
Added this to bedroom wall behind the bed & it completely changed the vibe of the room and added so much dimension. Room feels much calmer and cozier now.
Covers great. Exactly as advertised